Nice story about Friendfeed
Posted by Bret Taylor on Monday, October 08, 2007
It has been quite a week for us at FriendFeed. We launched a private beta version of our site to a handful of people on Monday, and we got a bunch of great press about the launch. Our ambitious beta testers have been using the site intensively, reporting tons of bugs and requesting tons of features in our discussion group. We really appreciate all of your feedback on the site, and we especially appreciate the thoughtful and detailed bug reports. Future FriendFeed users will thank you!
Last week we mainly focused on fixing technical issues people had connecting to services. We also made it easy to turn off emails from the site (100 "so-and-so subscribed to your FriendFeed" emails was a little much for some people), and we fixed a number of bugs in our Facebook application.
This week, we are focused on fixing the long list of bugs we didn't get to last week and letting in a large percentage of the people who have signed up on our waiting list. If you signed up for the site last week, you will probably get an invitation by Wednesday or so.
Our initial users were self-selected "early adopters," with a disproportionate number of Google employees due to our previous jobs. We were very curious what the most popular services would be at launch, and we were surprised to see Flickr take the top spot among our initial group of beta testers:
Being the top service doesn't mean you show up more in FriendFeed. It turns out Twitterers like to Twitter faster than Flickr users can produce photos. Here is the breakdown of events recorded into FriendFeed in the first week:
Twitter users have generated an astonishing 18.7 messages per user relative to 5.4 photos per Flickr user. We are looking forward to see how this distribution changes as we broaden our user base.
- Anonymous said...
congrats on launching ff! would love for you guys to support goodreads.com, as it's the only site i update with any regularity. miss ya, update more! - kang
- October 8, 2007 4:50 PM
- MPorcheron said...
Fantastic job on the site.
- October 9, 2007 10:11 AM
- mom2five said...
the site looks really good!
- October 12, 2007 5:19 PM
- mohammed siraj ali said...
i siraj khan from india
- October 12, 2007 11:34 PM
- Monica said...
Really enjoyed your blog :)
- October 13, 2007 1:19 AM
- Halo said...
Now, this is a good site. Interesting thank you.
- October 13, 2007 4:57 AM
- BarMc said...
Very interesting - I really enjoyed your blog. Well Done !!
- October 13, 2007 1:11 PM
- Dan Rastor said...
Fantastic. Thank you.
- October 14, 2007 2:41 AM
- HAFIZ KHALEEL ULLAH said...
hello khaleel here from hyderabad
- October 14, 2007 3:30 AM
- LORD MANILA STONE said...
good job and way to go ^^
- October 15, 2007 12:34 AM
- Video Oyun said...
the site looks really good! yeah
- October 16, 2007 3:07 PM
- Val Travers said...
- October 25, 2007 2:39 PM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
- ▼ 2009 (4)
- ► 2008 (71)
- ► December (6)
- ► November (3)
- ► October (12)
- Happy Halloween!
- Share your FriendFeed activity on Twitter
- Improving the FriendFeed experience on Facebook
- Discovering rooms on FriendFeed
- All the FriendFeed extras on one page
- FriendFeed Room Upgrades
- Keeping it real with the FriendFeed Real-time API
- FriendFeed adds support for Facebook, Joost, BackT...
- A Fix-it Friday
- FriendFeed image widgets for WordPress, MySpace, a...
- View your FriendFeed in real-time
- FriendFeed's first year
- ► September (7)
- ► August (3)
- ► June (11)
- More media amongst the messages
- FriendFeed iPhone interface
- Welcome Gary Burd to FriendFeed
- Ross's FriendFeed Tutorial #2: Email Pictures To F...
- Intern Goutham in his new office space
- Spice up your room with feeds
- Another FriendFeed Fix-it Day
- Ross's FriendFeed Tutorial #1: Using FriendFeed's ...
- FriendFeed adds personalized recommendations
- New features for your FriendFeed rooms
- The best and brightest interns